How it works ?
What is GoTroo?
The gotroo.com portal is operated by Crowdco Inc. We are a new company formed by specialists in fund raising and corporate finance wishing to provide a quality environment at the forefront of web technology. With its gotroo.com platform, it is possible for companies to maximize their chances of success through superior supervision related to a qualified network in the financial community and with financing support tools.
Please note that gotroo.com portal funding process meets the standards and criteria established by the applicable securities regulators (in Quebec: Autorité des Marchés Financiers).
Such investments in securities are governed by orders, decisions and instruments of provincial securities regulators with regard to the implementation of the Multilateral Notice 45-319 of the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) concerning Start-up Crowdfunding Registration and Prospectus Exemptions. The Notice 45-319 can be found at :
The GoTroo portal Portal is not required to be registered under applicable Canadian securities legislation and is not so registered but it is relying on the exemption from the dealer registration requirement in conformity with the following provincial orders, decisions and instruments :
- Quebec : DECISION N° 2016-PDG-0095 dated June 22, 2016 (Bulletin 2016, vol. 13 no. 26, p. 285)
- Nova Scotia : Blanket Order no. 45-524 in force on May 14, 2015, as amended
- New Brunswick : Blanket Order 45-506 in force on May 14, 2015, as amended
- British Columbia : BC Instrument no. 45-535 dated May 14, 2015, as amended
- Manitoba : Order No. 7105 dated May 14, 2015, as amended
- The head office of the issuer is located in one of the territories listed above.
- The issuer offers its eligible securities (generally shares or debentures) by using a qualifying online financing portal such as GoTroo.com.
- The the issuer distributes eligible securities using an Form 1 as the offering document (hat is made available through the GoTroo.com portal). The offering
- document includes basic information about the issuer, its management and the distribution, including how the issuer intends to use the funds raised and the minimum offering amount.
- This type of fundraising can be used a maximum of 2 times a year, for a maximum amount of $ 250,000 each time.
- Each fundraising round can remain open for a maximum of 90 days.
- Each fundraising round should be spaced apart at least 3 months.
- If the company does not meet the minimum target established funding GoTroo return the money to investors in all. If a company managed its funding, will ensure GoTroo release the money raised following the best practices in the industry, always respecting the norms and criteria dictated by the AMF.
- Must be a resident of one of the territories listed above.
- May not invest more than $ 1,500 per investment project.
- You can invest in as many projects as you like.
- The crowdfunding investor has a contractual right to withdraw their offer to purchase securities within 48 hours of the purchaser’s subscription or notification to the purchaser that the offering document has been amended.
If you are an accredited investor (according to Regulation 45-106 as applicable in your jurisdiction), you are not subject to any investment restrictions per project per year if you invest directly (without using this portal) in a start-up issuer concurrently and under the same terms and conditions as the Crowdfunding Investors. This investment has to be made in accordance with all applicable securities legal requirements. However, if you choose to invest via the GoTroo.com portal, you are subject to the same limitations as the Crowdfunding Investors (see previous heading).
The GoTroo.com funding portal provides no advice to investors or make any statement or recommendation on the suitability of the securities offered or the merits of the investment."
Costs to achieve funding with Gotroo.com
There are no fees to register on the Gotroo portal as a visitor, investor or entrepreneur.
However, to achieve funding using Gotroo.com:
The Issuer shall pay the following amounts to GoTroo (Crowdco Inc.):
i) registration fee of $ 500 payable before the posting of the Offering Document on GoTroo portal;
ii) a commission of 7.5% of the total amount raised from investors following the posting of the Offer on the GoTroo portal;
iii) all transaction costs, without any premium, charged by a bank or other intermediary for the transfer of the amounts invested by Investors to GoTroo (Crowdco Inc.) and / or the Issuer;
iv) the actual cost, with no premium, to conduct background checks;
v) plus any applicable value added or sales tax.
b) The Issuer will pay all applicable fees to the AMF (and other applicable Canadian securities regulatory authorities) in connection with any offering on GoTroo Portal.
c) These fees and charges are subject to change in the future at the sole discretion of GoTroo (Crowdco Inc.).
For more information, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org